Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Super Abbreviated Workout

Feeling fat & weak
I suppose I'm just trying to prepare myself mentally and physically for the realities of returning to the workforce. Today my son has a playdate, and I barely have time for the gym. It's 80°F and I haven't been to the gym since Friday. I feel weak, and fat.

Priorities tell me do 30 minutes of cardio, then squeeze in some body weight stuff before showering, running off to the grocery and back home... I'm mildly surprised that the gym scale doesn't tell me I weigh more than I do. On the other hand, I barely drank a quarter of my water and I know my 1.5 liter bottle equals 3.3 lbs of water weight. So 110.2 lbs is okay considering...

What's not okay is how winded I feel after 30 minutes on the cross-trainer, how I can barely make my 31st rep for hammer grip pull ups, and how 50 push ups feels kind of hard at the end. So, of course, I do another set of push ups after doing core. Not really any time for another set of pull ups though. I can do those tomorrow when my son is at camp, and I can do a combination Bench/RDL day. Friday I'd still like to whack the machine... Today, I'm in and out of the gym in a little over an hour, which is probably a new record for me.

Wednesday

30 min x-trainer
Calories 148
Miles 3.61
Average Heart Rate 150

HGPU 31
Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 50
Crunches 3 x 50
Bird Dog 2 x 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Push Ups 50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...