Friday, July 7, 2017

Back At It

I got my son into the car this morning wearing his swim clothes and a Disney poncho because it was pouring. Nothing like summer camp in the rain! Not sure if he'll get to go swimming today, but he does have dry clothes in his back pack. I got to the gym and my bag was soaked by the time I crossed the parking lot. Today is whack the broken Nexersys day. My right shoulder has been twingey and stiff, so I add 5 minutes to the cardio warm up on the cross-trainer. Then, instead of doing the DB raises, I use the green silicone band and do Band Pulls.

The slightly less broken machine surprises me when some of my Cross punches register. For a moment I think maybe gym owner has pulled the sensor from the machine with the broken arm and put it into this machine. But since the sensor doesn't always work, I'm thinking probably not. I don't like doing two sets of 5 rounds of Intermediate. Too easy for me to bag the last set, so I do 7 rounds per set today. This way I'm doing at least 14 rounds, instead of 10. The Out of Order sign has disappeared off the machine with the broken arm, but the arm is still busted. Sigh.

I see one of the lady trainers showing a middle-age guy around the machines. I see Gym Owner doing his own workout at the Assisted Pull Up machine. I don't think he can do a regular pull up. The Mayor makes an entrance with a friend, stays until he's red in the face (I assume from exertion and not just jabbering), and then exits with same friend, who I think is an older guy who used to come more regularly until last year. When I'm done, I peel off my boxing gear and do some hammer grip pull ups. Then a quick stretch for hammies, and shoulders.

Is this a canine wart?
The back of the left shoulder twinged sporadically while I tossed some jabs mid-way through my workout. Ugh. I don't need problems in both shoulders! My legs are a tad stiff from yesterday, but nothing serious. I put my last photo show up on Monday, right after I drop my son at camp so no gym on Monday. Tuesday is movie day so maybe I'll drag my son to the gym beforehand. Or I'll just let him sleep.

Wednesday, I might have to take our dog to the vet to get a lump on his back looked at. I suspect it's a wart, but I'd rather know for certain. (I search the web and discover the most horrific cases of canine warts, with the afflicted pooches looking as if their mouths have been smeared with cauliflower puree.) Of course, our vet will charge us a ridiculous fortune just to look at it, and probably take a sample. Because the economy still sucks and everyone's gotta make money somehow...

I'm exploring some new music for my iPod and of course, now I want to listen to all the Billy Idol songs that I don't have. Luckily, billyidol.net has a section (Idol Tube) which is akin to musical footnotes, letting me hear the actual music that he's referencing in his book. Cool! Life is so much better with the internet! My son can't imagine having to go to the library to look up books that might or might not exist, for information that might or might not exist. Truthfully, I can't either.

Friday

15 min x-trainer
Calories 70
Miles 1.82

Mid Band Pulls 15
High V Pulls 15

Nexersys Follow Me
7r Beginner
7r Intermediate

HGPU 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...