Friday, July 28, 2017

Running in Place

I tried Mike's Hard Peach Lemonade last night and was disappointed. It's syrupy sweet. I like the Margarita one better. And I'm not sure it's worth the whopping calorie count (220) since Red's Apple Ale is a reasonable 165, and easier to drink. What I didn't do was chase it down with a tumbler of water, so I had an awful headache this morning. Eventually I got myself sorted out, and off to the gym, but a tad later than I had planned.

Figuring that cardio is more important than anything else I do, I'm on the cross-trainer for 30 plus minutes. I'm slower today and don't quite get the mileage I'd like. I do a few pull ups, and see that the Smith is free. Of course I skip core, abs and all that. I think I'm mildly hungover or dehydrated or it's a combination of not enough sleep and too much syrupy alcoholic beverages. You can bet I won't be making that mistake again!

The Smith RDLs are hard, but not impossible. I take my time with the heaviest sets, because I want to make all the reps. Why? Because I don't have it in me to do three sets of 8 today. I grit my teeth through the RG BB Rows, and then on a whim, decide to do a few sets of One-Arm Seated Cable Rows. But I can't find the handle I like. Since I have tiny hands, most of the single grip handles are too thick or too heavy for me to use comfortably. When I get to the last set, it's my grip that gives out, not my arms or back.

I'm testing out a Skull Candy bluetooth headset that my hubs has lent me after I complained about my own headset not holding a charge that lasts my entire workout. He favors the headsets that look like cattle yokes, and have tiny earbuds. They are actually quite comfortable today, but I haven't fully tested them out where I'm laying down, like crunches or benching. That's where there might be an issue with how comfortable these things are, or if they'll even stay put.

I have two sets of lifting gloves that I use regularly: a blue pair for actual weights because it has better, heavier padding, and a thinner red pair I only use for pull ups and doing mat stretches. Unfortunately, the red pair is starting to shred, and I find bits of black fabric all over the mat when I'm done. Ugh. Also, I've been wearing (and washing) a hot pink sports bra for some months now (once weekly or so) and never realized that even now, it's not colorfast. It's rare that I wear anything white, but today, my tank has white trim. Except that after my workout, it had pink-stained trim. Double ugh. Normally I wear black, or purple.

I'm mildly disappointed that the gym scale reads the same as yesterday, 109.4 lbs, but at least I don't weigh more. And my pants fit a tad better. The app is a pain, but it's keeping me honest. My hubs bought a food scale for the kitchen since we've had to eyeball our portions. Now we've really starting getting serious!

Thursday
7.09 total miles

30 min x-trainer + 5 cd
Calories 160
Miles 4.13
Average Heart Rate 149

HGPU 26

Smith RDLs
Bar (30) x 12
80 x 12
100 x 12
120 x 12
140 x 12
150 x 12 (because I don't have 3 x 8 in me)

Smith RG BB Row
80 x 25
100 x 25
120 x 25

Seated 1 Arm Cable Row
30 x 12
45 x 12
52.5 x 12

30 min elliptical + 5 cd
Program 3
Calories 333
Miles 2.96
Average Heart Rate 142

HGPU 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...