Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday Madness

I was planning leisure time with my son since he had a half day today but things never work out the way you plan. I did get to the gym early and put in my 45 minutes of cardio, and got a surprising 5.16 miles. Then I benched reps, stretched, tossed some kicks, skipped front delts but knocked out lateral and rear delts. I also skipped doing any heavy triceps, opting to go for reps with the EZ curl bar and French presses. I did do abs though. And I stretched afterwards. And still, I barely had time to run out the door and make it to the school bus stop on time. That was the easy part of the day!

Today's Total Workout:
45 min cardio = 5.16 miles
Smith Bench Press: 12 @ bar / 4 x 25 @ 95 lbs (maybe I should up the weight a teensy bit?)
Cage Stretch & Kicks
Lateral Dumbbell Raises: 6 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Seated Rear Inclined Dumbbell Raises: 6 x 15 @ 20 lbs
One-Arm Tricep Dumbbell Extensions: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Torso Twist Machine: 2 x 25 @ 50 lbs
Flat Bench Sit Ups: 150 (I decide not to do Lower Ab Kick Outs when I see Mr PJPants seated behind me and it sorta freaks me out)
French Press with EZ Curl Bar (15 lbs): 4 x 25 reps (it's nice to do something different for a change)
Mat Stretch

When I'm done, I gather all my stuff and head to the locker room. I see R but he's busy spotting someone who looks a lot like his brother. I don't have time to linger as much as I want to say Hi. B's not here today, but I saw her friend M earlier as well as Mr T-shirt, and Hannibal BaggyKnees. It's really good that none of them read this blog!

The scale reads 108.6 lbs which is reasonable. I don't have time to check my weight when I get home but I subtract 3 lbs and I'm fairly happy with that. It's once I get home that my schedule goes to S@#@! There's homework, lunch, an XS dress that needs to be returned because it fits like a pillowcase. My son eats enough for two lunches and then pops the wire on his braces, necessitating a visit to the orthodontist today as well. As we leave that appointment, my friend calls me requesting a ride from her hair dresser. She's had hip replacement surgery and can't drive herself for another two weeks. En route home, she asks if I mind stopping by the drugstore so she can get her pain prescription. Of course not. When I get home, the first thing I have to do is make my son finish his homework. Then I need a beer. Or a hard cider. At least tomorrow's Friday! TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...