Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Eye of the Beholder

At Gold's Gym today
Today's abbreviated workout wasn't all that abbreviated. I did run out of the gym in a panic but was at least 5 full minutes early for the school bus. And I did a full 45 min of cardio, plus Back and Biceps.

I even had a few minutes to chat with B, and she had a few minute to snap a few photos with her brand new phone of my back. Because she told me how "ripped" it looked, and I reiterated that I can't see my back without a mirror or photo. I still can't tell what it looks like because the photo isn't quite in focus either. I know I don't have that V-shaped lat flare although the armholes to my tanks and sports bras are starting to bind. Perhaps I'm just thicker due to all the rowing movements I do. I've really got to look into doing some pull ups or chins if I want that nice shape.

V stops by and I wave at him but don't bother to unplug my headphones. He hovers expectantly for a moment before realizing that I'm actually not going to stop and chat with him. I don't really want to hear anything he might have to say because it's probably nasty gossip about one of our neighbors.

Today's Total Workout:
45 min cardio = 4.96 miles
Cage Stretch & Kicks
Seated Cable Rows: 12 @ 90 / 12 @ 105 / 3 x 10 @ 120 lbs
Lower Back Extensions: 2 x 25 @ 90 lbs
Lat Pull Downs: 12 @ 90 / 3 x 12 @ 105 lbs
Bent Over Barbell Rows: 15 @ 65 / 5 x 15 @ 70 lbs
Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Concentration Curls: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Reverse Grip Barbell Curls: 3 x 20 @ 40 lbs
Lower Ab Kick Outs: 125
   (now I've got a new rug burn over an older one so I've resorted to moleskin)

Mat Stretch

The scale reads 110.6 lbs and I do feel a little less bloated. I'm amused because B had been admonishing me not to get too big because I'll start to look like a guy! I wonder how much of it is unconscious jealousy. (My feeling is that she's used to being the center of attention, which is one of the reasons I don't talk to any of her friends.) Then she tells me how great my back looks. I'm not worried about becoming too muscular. I don't think it's genetically possible for me, just as it's not in the cards for me to see a 6-pack unless I drop down to 14% body fat. I'm fairly comfortable between 18-19% right now. I'm not willing to give up ice cream and half & half in my coffee, nor does there seem to be any credible reason to put myself through such a grueling diet.

I don't have time to check my home scale because I've got to feed my son lunch and then run off to a parent-teacher conference. There's also tae kwon do tonight, and my husband wants to do kickboxing as well. I'm tired just thinking about it. I'd better start taking my vitamins again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...