Friday, December 28, 2012

Post-Holiday Leg Day

Well, the snow and ice kept me from making it to the gym yesterday. In truth, I did little except shovel some heavy wet slush off my car and out of my driveway, and refill the bird feeder with black oil sunflower seeds. So today I had to make it up. Sorta.

I got to the gym late, naturally, and decided that I hadn't really done Legs this week so Leg Day it was. I did pretty good considering I didn't do anything yesterday, totaling 8.37 miles divided between 35 minutes of gentle hill #6 and 35 minutes of intervals #7. Then I did squats, high rep bench presses (because I hadn't benched since Monday), a few pathetic pull ups, stiff-legged deadlifts (which made me feel like puking on my feet again), some more pathetic pull ups, and finally I was off to do Cage Stretches and Kicks. Afterwards, a few sets of Seated Leg Curls, then Leg Extensions (yes, I upped the weight today), some ab crunches and finally a Mat Stretch.

The scale, reading 109.4 lbs, tells me that I'm getting my period. Well, that and the deep lower abdominal twinges, i.e., cramps I feel sporadically. It probably didn't help that we went out to eat last night because I had a hankering for some Bolognese sauce and the local Pasquales Trattoria serves an excellent one over tagliatelle. They also had a wonderful aromatic lobster & butternut squash soup, with strands of lobster meat in nearly every spoonful. Warning: a cup of soup arrives in a large soup bowl. I can't imagine what ordering a bowl of soup would bring!

Today's Total Workout:
35 min hill = 4.0 miles + 35 min intervals = 4.37 miles Grand Total = 8.37 miles
Smith Squats: 12 @ bar / 6 x 12 @ 95 lbs
Smith Bench Press: 4 x 25 @ 95 lbs (I don't even warm up with the bar today)
Pull Ups: 6 pathetic ones
Smith Dead Lifts: 12 @ bar / 4 x 12 @ 95 lbs
Pull Ups: 6 more pathetic ones
Cage Stretch & Kicks
Seated Leg Curls: 3 x 15 @ 90 lbs
Seated Leg Extensions: 6 x 15 @ 60 lbs
Mat Stretch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...