Saturday, December 8, 2012

TGIF

Mirror Self Portrait
Well, we did make it to kickboxing last night and it was fun although this is probably the first time I barely busted a sweat. Of course, I didn't do any of the high-impact jumping, running or hopping that preceded rounds of kicking, jabbing and kicking in various combinations. At the end, we had to punch the heavy bag ten times while in the push up position, alternating punching hands while supporting ourselves with the other arm. We took turns at the bag, doing as many sets as possible within a minute. I opted to "rest" in a straight arm plank position and my husband followed suit. It's amazing how many sets you can get done!

Usually I have more energy but this is the first time we've made two classes in the same week. I also had scrambled eggs for a late lunch which was protein & fat heavy (eggs, butter, cream). Usually I eat something carb-loaded like an apple & soy butter, or ciabatta & butter with my afternoon tea. Now I'm not sure if my lassitude was due to the heavy lunch or just actual normal fatigue.

Needless to say, I was a bit tired when I got to the gym this morning, although I did make my 5 mile quota on the Precor. Then I moved through my Back and Biceps workout at a decent clip. I saw B briefly and we wished each other a good weekend. She's been getting to the gym at 7 am so she's ready to leave by the time I hit the weight area. I also get the feeling she's avoiding me because I won't cut her any slack when she whines about her physique. Just as well because I hate cooling my heels while she complains. I should take a page from R and continue to work out while chatting but I haven't been able to master that. I'd feel rude doing that, although oddly, it doesn't feel rude when he continues to hoist humongous dumbbells when we chat. Hhmmm. Something to consider.

Definitely thicker muscles!
Today's Total Workout:
45 min hill #6 = 5.05 miles
Seated Cable Rows: 12 @ 90 / 12 @ 105 / 3 x 10 @ 120 lbs
Lower Back Extension: 2 x 25 @ 90 lbs
Cage Stretch & Kicks
Lat Pull Downs: 12 @ 90 / 4 x 12 @ 105 lbs (I'm still pondering whether to attempt pull ups on the Smith machine bar, but today that section of the gym seems crowded with high school boys)
Bent Over Barbell Rows: 15 @ 65 / 6 x 15 @ 70 lbs
Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Concentration Curls: 3 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Reverse Grip Barbell Curls: 3 x 20 @ 40 lbs
Torso Ab Twists: 2 x 25 @ 50 lbs
Flat Bench Twisting Sit Ups: about 150!
Lower Ab Kick Outs: about 125 (to my chagrin, I discover a rug burn in the shower)
Mat Stretch

The high school boys keep a respectful distance and I'm glad. I'm assuming it's because they've seen me chatting with R even though R isn't here today. The middle-aged fellow from yesterday is here though, and he's oddly well-groomed with a bleached white t-shirt and haircut. Perhaps he's got an afternoon engagement but I don't wonder too hard. I think PJPants and Hannibal BaggyKnees have also given up any hopes of making my acquaintance, and I'm glad about that too.

The scale reads 107.2 lbs and I'm very happy. My home scale reads 105.6 lbs and that seems right, because 1.5 liters of water is equal to about 3+ lbs. I managed to snap a few photos of myself today but I'm not really happy with the results. It's hard to get things in focus when you use the timer setting! Meanwhile, thankgoodness it's Friday and I don't have to work out until Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...