Wednesday, February 1, 2023

It's Always Something Small At First

I woke up with a knot in my back under the left shoulder blade. Coincidentally, my left thumb and hand felt sprained, as if I'd been thumb-wrestling all night. Not good omens for my gym routine to say the least. The arctic cold isn't due until Friday but it felt a lot colder this morning than past mornings. The sore thumb got progressively worse, especially noticeable when trying to hold a water bottle to my lips to sip. But it wasn't the digits that did me in on pull-ups; it was the upper back "knot" that didn't appreciate pull-ups although I could still do over a dozen.

The knot didn't cause too many problems during core and it felt nice just to lay flat on the floor. The bruised pinky toe is still bruised, but less so although it still looks swollen and discolored. Well, who looks at toes anyway? Especially in winter! After showering, I notice the tell-tale waffle pattern of a sneaker sole on the side of my calf. I have no recollection of what might've caused that. My skin is so pressure sensitive and "non-resilient" that at least 20 minutes elapsed between my noticing the impression and when it might have happened. Most living human skin doesn't behave like that.

The upper back knot gets worse as the day wears on. Slinging my gym bag, heavy with wet towels, over my left shoulder definitely hurts. Twisting to get in and out of my car is difficult. At least I got my son to help me with the 50 lb purchase of black oil sunflower seed to keep the feeder stocked. I'm definitely going to miss him next year...

1 February 2023
Arctic Chill Wednesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5576)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
Avg Hr: 153, 196-78

HGPU 20

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...