Monday, February 6, 2023

Time Crunch Monday

While the arctic chill has passed, the stream leading to the lake is still frozen white and solid. I've never seen that before. Temps hit mid-40s but it still feels cold, especially when the wind kicks up. I do the minimum workout: cardio and core because I need to rush home to pay the tree folks who are taking another big maple down. My husband left for Boston this morning and won't be back until Wednesday. No word from the tow truck that's supposed to take the damaged car to the auto collision shop. 

You would think that it'd be the repair shop that'd tow the vehicle, but nope. The insurance company uses a tow truck broker who gets a local outfit to do the deed. Seems like too many middlemen to be efficient. Clearly the system is broken since it's now been two full business days and no word about who's coming. I need to be home to hand off the keys since I'm not leaving them in the car. It's a quarter to five so obviously it's not happening today. And I have no intention of staying home all week just in case someone shows up...

Insurance at least covered 80% of the rental car cost so my husband could go to work. He got a Toyota Rav4, which has grown considerably since it was first introduced. No longer a CRV, it has ground clearance that matches the average pickup truck. It is noticeably bigger than our Subaru Foresters. I literally have to climb into the car. My feet don't reach the ground from the front passenger seat and passenger seats aren't adjustable for height. It seems odd that online, the Rav4 is still described as a compact SUV. I think that needs updating...

I got a reasonable workout done. My feet were numb at first because I was cold. My pinky toe is still swollen and sensitive and the three hammer toes were on the verge of cramping because they didn't like being flattened against the mat when I stretched into Child's Pose. My back did not knot up during pull-ups but I kept the rep count at 20. Those last 3 have always been a struggle and I don't seem to be improving. The first dozen are always good though so I'm not backsliding too much...

6 February 2023
Minimum Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5452)
Distance: 2.8
Cal: 308
Avg Hr: 149, 182-77

HGPU 20 (no knot! Yaaay!)

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...