Tuesday, February 21, 2023

The Late Morning Old Crowd

I got to the gym close to 11, which was later than I wanted but at least I got there. It was peopled with regulars I haven't seen in a long time and a handful of kids. The dogs went to the park earlier, but had to leave because of dog personality conflicts. The weather is cold and damp. It had snowed lightly in the wee hours but temps are too warm for any snow to stick. It's just wet and cold enough to be unpleasant.

Cardio on the elliptical was routine, as were pull-ups. The Aerobics Room smelled heavily of perfume and that was a bit nauseating until it dissipated. Then I decide to do the stair climber for 10 minutes, but that was a mistake. I should've gone for my second set of pull-ups instead of dawdling on cardio, because an elderly lady is stretching in the Stretch Cage when I'm ready. I recognize her from years ago, and while I'm happy she's still active, I'm kicking myself for not seizing the opportunity earlier. I'm not going to wait around either. Meanwhile, the din is emanating from guess who... the Mayor. Still obnoxiously loud and fat as ever. Well, this is incentive to get up earlier tomorrow to avoid the late morning crowd.

Oh well, it's a valid excuse to only do one set of pull-ups. Today feels like the first time I've actually felt my lats during the movement, which is kind of weird. Maybe because my upper arms and shoulders are tired from clipping branches and twigs off the broken tree tops laying in the front yard over the long weekend. It was 62F and definitely good yard work weather. We might have another cord or two of firewood to stack if we can get the logs split. Which means getting a splitter cuz no one's doing this by hand. Nope. It's so inconvenient not having either a truck or a tow hitch... Should we consider buying a splitter? We can't rent one unless we want to rent the truck to tow it home and back... 

We get to pick up a "new" used 2018 Subaru Outback (Legacy wagon) at the end of the week. Even though there are used cars available, prices and mileage are both higher than we'd like. But I confess I was drooling over the 2023 "Wilderness" Forester in the showroom, but I'll wait until I can buy one used in a few years cuz I'm not spending that kind of money on a new car... it's the only Forester that comes with a full-size spare!

21 February 2023
Late Morning Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5664)
Distance: 2.86
Cal: 318
Avg Hr: 141, 200-84

HGPU 20

Crunches 60
Stretches
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

StepMill (R)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 549
Floors 34
Cal 80
Hr 141

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...