Friday, February 10, 2023

Just a Princess

I've really missed the occasional dusting of cocoa powder in my morning brew so today I indulged. It helps that last night I read an article finally telling me how much cadmium and lead are in the Hershey's 100% cocoa after having searched online for this information for the past several weeks! It's not nothing, but it's low enough that a dusting once a week shouldn't really hurt. Click here to access the As You Sow website. Or just glance at the screen grab for a quick peak... 

Tiny biting insects are giving me grief, the rash on my thighs are inexplicable so much worse, new fissures keep forming right where fingernails emerge from fingertips, and temps peak at 65F this sunny day in mid February. The gym parking lot is really crowded but maybe they all went for a run outside because the gym itself isn't busy.

I'd like to kill my husband's alarm since he has it set for 5:30 AM regardless of whether he plans to get up or not. That robs me of 30 minutes of quality sleep because once it sounds, I can't actually go back to sleep while he's snoring away. Ugh. My alarm is set for 6 AM. Which means I am godawful tired when I start to exercise. 

I lay on my hoodie in the Aerobics Room because I can't stand wearing the garment when I'm doing crunches or dead bugs: the seam along the hem binder is thick enough to be painful when I'm laying on it. It's the same reason I can't wear T-shirts when I exercise: the sleeve seams chafe my armpits and underarms until they're raw and painful. Yep, I'm a princess. The one who felt the pea under 20 mattresses. 

I have time to do my DB Shoulder routine. Nothing hurts so I'm pleased. Maybe next week I'll have time to add a fourth set? The dogs get to the park late but happily, there's a new pup to play with. It's someone they've met once before and they're very excited to race, wrestle and romp about. My son and hubs go to Alpine Scout Camp this weekend with their Troop and prospective Cub Scouts who are thinking of joining our Troop when they "cross over." The big draw is (besides the wooden fort, pirate ship, and faux mining camp) the nearby High Exposure Indoor Climbing and Ninja Obstacle Course. Meanwhile, I get to stay home with the pups and enjoy some quiet time...

10 February 2023
Friday Princess

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5576)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 313
Avg Hr: 142, 190-73

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3 sets






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...