Friday, February 17, 2023

It's Gonna Drop 30 Degrees Tonight

Yesterday was warm and sunny. Today, not so much. In fact, it's overcast and raining sporadically. And while temps will peak at 62F, the low might hit 27 tonight. Hopefully the roads won't be icy in the morning. I know there will be no other dogs are the park today so I can spend a little more time at the gym. 

I get to the elliptical late and there's a "new regular" on machine number one. There are four machines and the last one is sort of clunky. I haven't been on machine number three in years but I give it a whirl... Although I'm initially cold, I warm up quickly. Being warm is key and I finally make it past 2.9 for distance. Yaay me!

I'm drenched by the time I walk into the Aerobics Room. It's not really cold in there but I'm able to cool down and dry out enough. It's quiet and empty. On the other hand, the free weight area is noisy and crowded. Big guy is on one of the Inclined Presses and there's gear next to the other one. I don't know if someone's on it or not but there's so many people gabbering there that I immediately look around to see what other options I have. 

I'm ready to climb up to the stair machine when I remember that there's an inclined bench in the Smith Machine, and no one's using it. The Smith desperately needs maintenance as the bar doesn't descend when I push it up over my head. The tracks are gummy and in desperate need of cleaning and lubrication. DBs as usual instead. Everything is fine, except the seat to this bench is wider and higher than the Matrix brand inclined benches. Which means it's uncomfortable when I sit backwards in it. 

This is the beginning of the President's Day long weekend, and also a week long school break. My son had thoughts about visiting Buffalo just to see what it's like, but it's too late to arrange for dog sitting. I gave him some YouTube links to campus tours instead. He's still waiting to hear from half of the schools he applied to but he's got acceptances to all his safety schools. Now, if I could only get him to take his Learner's Permit exam for driving...

17 February 2023
Rainy Friday

Precor elliptical #3
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5814)
Distance: 2.91
Cal: 327
Avg Hr: 151, 197-125

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25 warm up
15 lbs x 25/15/25
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...