Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Non Restful Vacay Week

I found out yesterday that a friend's dog ran away while on a walk with a dog walker. The dog park crews have rallied to share sightings while the bereft girl's parents post flyers. The owner herself is abroad for work and feels totally helpless. This dog is her baby. It made me remember when my own dogs first arrived from South Korea, and how within a few hours, one had escaped and slipped into the bitter January night. Luckily, he didn't wander too far and returned home after 5 days, mostly, I believe, because he could smell the other dog that he had traveled with, and grown up at the rescue with.

Which means I went to bed too late and got up late. I still made it to the gym somewhere between the school day normal at 7 am and yesterday's noontime approach. Enough time to do cardio and slip into the Aerobics Room right after the Wednesday morning class. It still smells overly strong of perfume or deodorant, but I guess that's preferable to body odor. 

I add an extra set of hip bridges because my quads are unusually stiff and sore. But I don't really have time for anything else after eye yoga because I still haven't taken the pups to the park. They had a morning walk so they're not frantic, but there's nothing like running through the park at full gallop and that's what they want.

The lost pup is still lost but he was sighted this morning so at least he survived overnight in the dark, in the wild, in the cold. Because he's not a big dog, it's winter, and there are coyotes and bobcats.

22 February 2023
Late Morning Wednesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5606)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
Avg Hr: 145, 194-77


15 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...