Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Winter's Still Coming

I wasn't expecting snow when I woke this morning. At least it wasn't heavy and I could quickly defrost the windshield. Temps rose into the mid 30s so only the grass and shrubs kept a light dusting of the white stuff. This is just the prequel to the arctic weather that's approaching from the west. That chill should arrive by Friday. But until then, the weather looks okay. However, it's overcast so very little chance we'll be able to see that Green Comet that's been in the news...

To change things up a tiny bit, I use elliptical #2. It actually runs a bit smoother but the TV doesn't work as well so I can't watch Bloomberg for business news (both domestic and international). The gym must've put the heat on because I'm drenched after cardio, but I don't want to catch a chill so I keep my hoodie on until I return to the free weight area for triceps.

The amount of reps I can do with 35 lbs makes me think I should consider increasing the weight to 40 lbs. Of course I'd have to drop the reps back down to the 8-12 range and keep careful watch on elbows and wrists. The dogs and I get to the park late and can't stay any longer than 30 minutes. My son's schedule has changed for the 3rd and 4th quarter and now he's done with classes before noon! Most seniors (like his friends) who also have short schedules either walk home (a long 1.5 hr walk) or have secured a parking permit and a vehicle to drive themselves to and from school. It's not a big school and permits are limited. 

Granted, I didn't learn to drive until I was out of college, but I lived in NYC and navigating public transportation is its own skill set. I am considering getting pedal blocks though just so I can sit further from the damn steering wheel... I also think I need to enroll my son in a driving school just so he'll have the skills.

31 January 2023
Wintry Mix Tuesday

Precor elliptical #2
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5636)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
Avg Hr: 140, 189-83

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Skull Crushers
30 lbs x 25 reps
35 lbs x 20, 21, 25
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...