Thursday, February 2, 2023

Arctic Still to Come

Today is Groundhog Day and I feel sorry for the chubby marmot, pulled from a deep slumber just to squint at a multitude of overstuffed officials and pandering photographers, just to tell us what we already know: winter's here and will be for several weeks. Never mind that temps should rise into the 40s and maybe 50s next week! Tomorrow will witness overnight subzero temps. It's good to have firewood in the house and a wood stove to burn it in. 

My husband volunteered to be the Camp Master at the local Boy Scout Camp. He'll get to use the Camp Master's cabin which I assume has heat. Doubt if any Scouts will be tent camping this weekend! There's no alcohol allowed on the premise so I'm hoping that he just brings food, various streaming platforms (laptop, phone, tablet) and lots of warm clothes as he will have to make rounds to check the various cabin sites throughout the grounds. He hasn't been able to totally quit drinking in spite of weekly meetings and the threat of potential future legal liabilities. His problem is that he just doesn't take this as seriously as he should: the addict's denial kicking in...

My body is vaguely sore all over: the knot under my left shoulder blade, a mildly sore left hand, the bruised right pinky toe, glutes toying with a bout of sciatica. It makes pedaling not as easy as I'd like but I do get warmed up. Core is routine. Because I still have that problematic knot in my back, I skip doing the DB shoulder routine: the reverse inclined flys are going to aggravate it at the heavier weight. I could just do Lateral Raises and Inclined DB Presses but what if the Lateral Raises also aggravate my upper back? I'd rather wait until tomorrow and see I'm not better. Instead, I do triceps and focus on getting reps.

I have to take my hoodie off to do Skull Crushers. While I don't actually feel cold, my fingers start to go numb and I have to increase the rest time between sets. It's probably a combination of Raynaud's syndrome and having my hands over my head for extended length of time. I don't have traditional Raynaud's so my fingers and toes don't go blue, but they do get icy cold and numb very quickly. Luckily, I can do my sets without dropping the BB on my face. Whew!

2 February 2023
Arctic Chill Thursday

Precor elliptical #2
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5540)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 313
Avg Hr: 143, 182-84

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Skull Crushers
30 lbs x 25 reps
35 lbs x 25 x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...