Thursday, February 16, 2023

Older and Weaker

I got to the gym and pedaled. It wasn't great but it wasn't horrible. I'm tired and even though I get warmed up, my hands are still cold and my toes are a little numb. I get my 20 reps but I'm not liking feeling weak for the last several reps. Which means I really need to put more effort into it. Core feels routine. It feels good and I'm often tempted to nap while laying on the mat.

Temps are unseasonably warm, peaking at 62F this afternoon for a New York February. I feel cold when exiting the Aerobics Room but 10 minutes on the step machine gets me warm again. And then I go for round two for pull-ups. It's still hard, maybe harder. But I muscle through the reps, and then I'm done. Shower, change, and take pups to the park. The boys have a new canine friend that they like to roll around, chase and get filthy with. 

My pinky toe still looks swollen. It's still tender and sensitive. I need to reduce the inflammation somehow. Topical antihistamines? Maybe hemorrhoid cream? Because I'm pretty sure that the pinky is tender because the swelling is impinging on nerves. But why is it still swollen? Is there still damage, or is it that drainage is blocked? I have no idea. But I can slather the toe in cream...

16 February 2023
Thursday peaks 61F?!

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30+5 (5532)
Distance: 2.81
Cal: 311
Avg Hr: 141, 192-75

HGPU 20

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

StepMill (R)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 519 / 545
Floors 34
Cal 80
Hr 126

HGPU 20 but it’s hard

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...