Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine Tuesday

I've never seen the supermarket so overwhelmingly full of flowers and candy before. I doubt if they will sell it all before the end of day. I told my son that by tomorrow, candies will be half price, not that we need any more sweets or snacks in the house. The boys stopped off at H-Mart before heading home from their Boy Scout weekend, and Asian food markets are chock full of all sorts of interesting and colorful flavors. H-Mart is Korean but carries a wide assortment of international foods.

I was still dreaming when the alarm sounded this morning, but unlike other mornings, I actually remembered my dream. It wasn't exciting or colorful, just a bit mundane and slightly puzzling. Of course, I haven't had enough sleep and toy with the idea of bailing on the gym, but I don't. It's Tuesday and not very crowded or colorful. It's also Valentine's Day, a Hallmark fabricated holiday to sell cards, flower and candy, but only the stores seem to be celebrating it. 

I'm totally surprised when my husband texts me Happy Valentines. I send a Snoopy & Woodstock gif. He's in Boston until tomorrow. He's been totally fine when he's sober, but he never stays that way for very long. I have been a lot more vocal about how upset I am with him. Once his mandatory weekly meetings end in March, I'm worried that he'll just revert to his previous drinking habits. This is exhausting. 

We've gotten a preliminary cost of repair for the smushed car, and what insurance will pay to call it totaled. It's not enough to buy a new used car. Subarus, even used ones, are pricey although it's reassuring to see that there are some for sale.

Today, I'm so tired I forget to pedal backwards at seven and a half minutes and only notice at fourteen minutes that I'm still pedaling forward. Which means that I pedal backwards from minute fifteen to thirty, and barely make it past 2.8. I dawdle during Core and then I have to put my hoodie back on because I'm cold. Later, at the bench, I only have to worry about my hands being cold, because cold hands means cold numb fingers, and that's not good when  you've got a barbell hovering over your face. 

I don't have my thumb/glove positioned right during one of my Skull Crusher sets and the knurled bar chafes against my skin. Other than the forearm tendons close to the elbow becoming a little sore, the sets feel okay. I do one set of Rip Skulls. So far my sciatica hasn't complained. Next time maybe I'll add a second set. If I can work up to three I might consider adding a little weight...

14 February 2023
Valentine Tuesday

Precor elliptical #2
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5486)
Distance: 2.81
Cal: 310
Avg Hr: 132, 198-111

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
15 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Skull Crushers (Numb cold fingers)
30 lbs x 25 reps
Rip Skulls x 20 legs flat out
SC 35 lbs x 20 (thumb!), 23, 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...