Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Day Two

Today is the last full day of school in our district as the rest of the week has scheduled NYS Regents exams and therefore a completely screwed up schedule since once the exam is over, the student goes home. Via school bus. Which means that students coming in for late morning exams get on the bus as students exit them to return home. Crazy. But there are not enough buses or drivers in the district.

I get to the gym a tad early and it's ridiculously crowded. Lazy Pedals and MAGuy are chatting loudly on ellipticals #1 and #2, so I get on #4. I can still hear all the old guys who need hearing aids on the treadmills several yards away. My right shoulder and lat are a little sore. Well, let me do triceps today instead.

Keeping to the 32.5 lbs I set last week, I add a set but drop the reps because the elbows are a bit wonky. It's not quite as crowded when I leave and it's bright and sunny outside. I had a reasonable eye doc followup appointment yesterday afternoon and my pressures are stable at 13/14. The latest Visual Field exam concentrated on central vision and that looks fine. Whew! But I have lost a substantial amount of upper quadrant peripheral vision and that's worrisome. 

I just ordered a wedge pillow from Amazon because it's hard to sleep on an incline with a stack of individual, compressible pillows. Sleeping on my back with my head elevated is one of the most important lifestyle adjustments to lower IOPs and hopefully prevent further vision loss. After all, I'm not that old yet!

14 June 2022
Early Start Tuesday

Precor elliptical #4
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5776)
Distance: 2.89
Cal: 322
Avg Hr: n/a

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Pull-apart band 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

Skull Crushers followed by Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 2 sets total
32.5 x 12, 11, 10 x 2 (basically 6 total sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...