Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Changing the Routine

Today I got to the gym the same as yesterday, around 8:30 and I knew that there would be a class in the Aerobics Room by 9:30, so I did my core and stretches first, before doing cardio. It's not my preferred order but at least I can do planks and bird dogs and push-ups and air squats in relative privacy. But I'm still "cold" when I'm done and climbing onto the elliptical. It takes me half the program to warm up enough to discard my hoodie.

The change adversely affects my pull-ups but at least I can get them done, just less than I've done before, probably because I'm still "cold." I have my choice of ellipticals but find my quads still a little burnt from the rapid succession air squats. I don't make it to 2.9 but I'm drenched. There's a different old guy in the Stretch Cage so I grab a mat and do the things I skipped in the Aerobics Room: one-leg hip thrusts, and band pull-aparts. I manage another set of pull-ups before hitting the shower. Whew! 

I get the pups to the park but it's late and most of their friends are leaving. Bummer. We hang around for an hour, then head home. The summer schedule sucks for them. But the weekend will be better even though it's going to be really hot.

29 June 2022
Pre-Exhaust Wednesday

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Skip 5 one leg hip thrust
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

HGPU 20

Precor elliptical #2
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5700)
Distance: 2.88
Cal: 321
Avg Hr: 150, 192-92

5 one-leg hip thrusts x 3
Pull apart bands 25

HGPU 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...