Monday, June 27, 2022

Anxious Energy

The day did not start fortuitously: it was my kid's first day of work at summer camp but the forecast was rain and possible thunderstorms all day. Which meant camp was actually cancelled for the day, but no one called or sent out emails to tell the staff. And maybe some of the campers. Meanwhile, I had the dogs in the car already and we went to the park to run off some energy. No one else came, except my son who walked over from the camp and hung out until it was time to go home. The pups were due for an assessment at a new doggy daycare/spa/overnight boarding facility. 

After dropping the pups off, I barely had enough time to do some grocery shopping, unpack it all and then run back to the doggy daycare to hear if the pups were well-behaved enough. Or not. Apparently they were fine! Of course, they were fine at the other dog sitter's house too, until we tested an overnight stay and one of my pups howled all night and kept her sleepless and distraught. This place takes all their gear off so that nothing gets caught up and there are no choking hazards. I find their nakedness a bit unnerving, but they assure me that no one can escape their many indoor and outdoor play yards. My son and I slip the martingale collars and leads back on the pups when we take them home.

My anxiety was at an all-time high when I got to the gym. There were a lot of late morning regulars but I still got to an elliptical. Maybe I used my anxiety as fuel because I almost hit 3 miles. Wahoo! Or maybe I'm just better at cardio later in the morning, after having been to the park and the dog spa. I'm not sure. I cut a few exercises out of the core and stretch routine but I made sure to keep the pull-ups. The right shoulder's a bit wonky so push-ups made it unhappy. And the bug bites are making me crazy. Oddly, they're mostly on the left side...

27 June 2022
Late Monday Morning


Precor elliptical #3
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (6016!)
Distance: 2.97
Cal: 336
Avg Hr: 146, 195-94

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

HGPU 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...