Monday, June 13, 2022

Late Start Monday

When you get up in the morning and see that the project your kid has spent all weekend on actually takes two shopping bags and a big box for all the components of a Rube Goldberg project that comprises one quarter of his final grade, plus his oversized school backpack, you realize that he's not making it onto the bus and you're going to have to drive him to school. He gets to his class and his project scores him an impressive 95%. Yaaaay!

Meanwhile, I'm at least a half hour late to the gym which cuts down my exercise time. I don't want to give up the important things like cardio and pull-ups, or planks and bird dogs. I had been concerned about not being able to do pull-ups because I discovered a tender bruise just under the second metacarpal (pointer finger) palm-side, which made gripping a bit painful. Best I can figure, I got it when the dogs were dragging me from the car to the dog park gate because it's me versus a hundred pounds of panting pups. But the bruise is mostly healed up today so the pull-ups were fine, except that I weigh too much. 

But I do skip push-ups and air squats because I have a follow-up appointment with my glaucoma doc this afternoon. I'm hoping my IOPs are good and that the VF test I took a few weeks ago show that the vision in my left eye hasn't really deteriorated. Fingers crossed.

13 June 2022
Late Start Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5754)
Distance: 2.89
Cal: 323
Avg Hr: 150, 182-87

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

HGPU 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...