Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Still Slightly Off

I'm not about to let a little vertigo ruin a perfectly good workout. Besides, it's not quite so bad today and I don't get motion sick doing crunches. I'm also able to push past the burning in my legs during the last 5 minutes of the 30 minute elliptical program in order to keep the speed up for the "cool down" when I push past 2.9 miles. I'm able to maintain speed until the program is over and then I can cool down while trotting off to the Aerobics Room.

The gym is ridiculously crowded today but I knew that pulling into the unusually crowded parking lot. Luckily, most of the cardio is happening on the treadmills and there's no one else on the ellipticals or cross-trainers. I watch amused as a girl with Airpods gets annoyed by the fact that she's three treadmills away from one of the senior regulars, who then invites two of his hard-of-hearing buds to use the machines between them. There are at least 6 machines on the other side of this guy, and these chatty old men are so loud that even I can hear them across an aisle and another row of machines, and I have my earbuds on with tunes. But they're oblivious and this is a daily social event.

The free weight area isn't too crowded when I exit the Aerobics Room, and I can use one of the Inclined Breaker Benches for two out of three of my shoulder exercises. There's a new chubby guy working out between the regulars. I'm very happy not making eye contact or even acknowledging the other folks, because I honestly don't want to interrupt my routine to chat. And it's Tank and B, and B does nothing but chat when she's not trying to talk a big muscle guy into spotting her. Chat about useless things like getting hair and nails done... 

I am excited to discover a "new" flavor of Ensure Max High Protein: peach. I went to a supermarket I don't usually visit but is located across from a senior center. It had every flavor, including the actual "new" Cherry Cheesecake, which sounds so gross that I don't want to spend the money on a 4-pack to try just one. Personally, I find these protein beverages to more palatable and cost-effective than the ultra-hyped gym rat post-workout shakes. Those are often too sweet with horrible flavor profiles (everything chocolate or cookie dough!), and many aren't suitable for lactose-intolerant folks like me. My favorite is still vanilla because it tastes like vanilla ice cream...

7 June 2022
Brisk Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5916)
Distance: 2.94
Cal: 331
Avg Hr: 144, 190-84

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Pull-apart band 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
10 lbs x 20/15/20 warm up
15 x 20/15/25 reps x 1
20/15/20 lbs x 20/15/25 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...