Thursday, June 9, 2022

Mutable Weather

Torrents of rain this morning. Blistering sun this afternoon. Summer in the northeast! I do pull-ups today and save the weights for tomorrow. At least I can get the reps in although I'm still not able to ramp up during cardio to get up to 2.9. That streak is over! 

The gym isn't as crowded as I expected it to be after Tuesday. Maybe the rain? But there are more unfamiliar women present. I took yesterday off and dropped the dogs off at a pet sitter to get them acclimatized to staying somewhere other than home. This sitter comes highly recommended by friends at the Bark Park. 

In past years with past pups, I've had dog sitters come to the house, but those folks have relocated out of the county and I don't know anyone else. Plus my pups are a mite bit finicky and difficult... There are several doggy daycares in town that do overnight boarding, but the one I had considered quickly got dismissed once I heard that no human stays overnight with the dogs, and a few dogs have gotten bitten. 

My left fifth metatarsal seems bruised and sore, distracting me while I pedal. (Yep, that's my excuse today.) And that's my "good" foot since it's not afflicted by bunions, wonky nerves and ligaments, hammertoes that sporadically spasm, recalcitrant callouses. Yesterday, I wore old "comfortable" shoes, Clarkes, and I still developed a sore spot just off the pinky toe. WTF?

9 June 2022
Mutable Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5660)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
Avg Hr: 143, 192-87

HGPU 23

Crunches 60 (!!! Vertigo)
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Pull-apart band 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

HGPU 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...