Friday, June 3, 2022

Fat is Heavy

You know the year isn't going well when halfway into it, you suddenly realize you've never changed the year on your posts. As in everything is dated 2021, until today. Because it's taken me well over 6 months to notice. WTF?

My head is still foggy as it's still foggy when I arrive at the gym. And my fingers fumble the phone during the last two minutes of cardio, which inevitably causes me to slow my pace. Another day I've missed that self-imposed, anxiety-inducing goal of 2.9 miles. The sciatica twinges occasionally, mostly in the left leg. And pull-ups are not great. It's not that my arms feel weak, it's that I feel noticeably heavier. And indeed, instead of losing 3-4 lbs, I've gained 3-4 lbs and that's not sitting well with me. Stress-eating is taking a terrible toll...

Everything else feels routine. And if I didn't need to grocery shop right afterwards but before rushing home to take the dogs to the park, I would've stayed longer to do shoulders. But this afternoon is our BSA Troop's Court of Honor where awards and rank advancements are presented, political dignitaries make quick speeches and everyone enjoys grilled burgers and hot dogs. I said I would bring pastries so I shop for stuff I wouldn't mind eating at home should there be any leftovers. Hmmm, those Guava Cheese Puffs look intriguing! 

Not bad for only a few
pull-ups for bicep work

Once home, I try on clothes I bought a few years ago when I was lighter and Kmart was still a store. I'm skeptical that they'll fit, but they do and I'm relieved. (Of course, nothing has pockets!) The palazzo pants have a thick waistband which felt tight even back then. I'm optimistically hoping that'll help me exercise some self-control at the birthday party we're attending tomorrow... my husband's co-worker's wife is throwing a 60th celebration somewhere out in Connecticut. My son and the pups will stay home of course. Because teenage boys want absolutely nothing better to do on weekends except sleep.

3 June 2022
COH Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5754)
Distance: 2.88
Cal: 322
Avg Hr: 139, 195-122

HGPU 21

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Pull-apart band 25
Gentle upper body stretch
Eye yoga x 3

HGPU 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...