Friday, June 24, 2022

Well Worth the Sleep Deprivation

The dogs started barking at 4:30 this morning, well before the sun actually rises. I thought maybe it was a feral cat slinking in the driveway, too small to trigger the motion sensor for the outdoor light. The barking was insistent. I could hear them through my earplugs (the husband snores and sometimes has loud sleep arguments) so I got up to see what the commotion was all about. They were both looking out the window and staring at the front door. Then I heard barking, not mewing so I opened the front door and in front of the storm door was a small, very wet dog. It had been raining.

"I know you!" I said aloud because I'd read about this pup in a lost dog post last night. The dog came inside and I clipped a leash on his collar just in case. My dogs wanted to know who this visiting pup was. The number on the lost dog post wasn't for his owner. It was for the answering machine of a neighbor who made the post. Ugh. Luckily, my son was up and could read the mouse print on the tiny tags on the collar. 

The first one said, "Will you marry me?" "Oh, he's a proposal pup," my son said. The second tag had two phone numbers on it and someone answered on the second ring. They were at the house by 5:15 and had their pup safely home before sunrise. A repairman had inadvertently let their pup out. I'm thinking they need to invest in a dog gate. We reinstalled our child gate just to keep pups from rushing the front door. It works very well.

I was tired enough to have a headache, but not enough to go back to sleep even though I tried. Eventually, I got my gear together and went to the gym, again an hour later than normal. I got my cardio done, did pull-ups but cut the second half of the core and stretching because I still needed to take my pups to the park for their exercise and socialization time.

So no push-ups or air squats, no stretch bands or eye yoga or one-leg hip thrusts. But I got all the important things done. And more importantly, a lost dog is home.

22 June 2022
Fatigue Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5796)
Distance: 2.90
Cal: 325
Avg Hr: 147, 196-97

HGPU 24

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2

HGPU 20
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...