Monday, April 25, 2022

Positions Count

It has occurred to me that side-sleeping, while more comfortable for my sciatica, might be raising my IOPs. A rise of three points for both eyes is very alarming considering there's been no actual change in my meds or exercise. But I have been side-sleeping. And I should be sleeping on my back. Propping my head and upper body up while I sleep makes glaucoma sense but puts a lot of pressure on my lower back and glutes. I make a conscious effort to keep my position prone over the weekend so my head feels better, but I wake up with my glutes aching. 

I feel tired and bloated. Too much fat and salt in my food! It also doesn't help that my husband was in charge of meals for the past few days so we've been eating "junk food" like wings, Popeye's chicken & biscuits, and more wings (leftovers) and carrot sticks.

I had time for the stair machine today for the first time in two weeks. I left the speed at 6, which of course, never hit 60 steps per minute. But it was a good way to end the routine. Tomorrow I might try more Band Pull-Aparts before hitting triceps, but maybe without doubling the band itself...

25 April 2021
Mild Monday Morn

Precor elliptical #4
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5592)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
Avg Hr n/a

HGPU 22.5

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 22.5

Matrix Step Mill (R)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-57)
Step 539
Floors 33
Calories 79
Heart Rate 135

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...