Friday, April 15, 2022

End of the Week

There's nothing quite like waking up to 44F when it'd been 80 the day before. I got to the gym at a reasonable hour and had time for the bare minimums today: cardio, core, stretches, pull-ups, push-ups, and air squats. Next week I'll be back to my regular schedule, but I did enjoy sleeping in yesterday as I actually remembered dreaming, something that usually gets interrupted by the too-early alarm during school days.

The gym is moderately crowded and I have to wait for one of the fat old regulars to finish some weird stretching in the Cage before I can do my first set of pull-ups. I'm happy to get two sets of pull-ups every other day and I can't say that I miss the StepMill, but I'll get back to that next week, as well as the DB shoulder workout and/or triceps.

My brother sent me a text the other day about how he managed to lower his IOP from 14 to 8. Eight is awesome as my glaucoma doctors have always wanted my pressures 10 or under. He credits taking astaxanthin daily and sends me an Amazon link to the product he's been using. It's considered an algae-based pigment as well as an anti-oxidant.

I bought a bottle but haven't opened it yet as I'm curious to see whether drinking tomato juice has had any effect on IOPs. I'll have my pressures checked at my appointment next week so I should have an answer fairly quickly. If my pressures are still the same, I'll give the astaxanthin a try.

15 April 2021
Friday Morn Temp Drop

Precor elliptical #2
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5804)
Distance: 2.90
Cal: 325
Avg Hr 149, 192-93

Fat guy in cage. Waiting…

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...