Friday, April 22, 2022

Two Steps Back

I made it to my doctor's appointment on time, but only by skipping hand-feeding the pups their breakfast. They did get eggs and dog biscuits before I left. And they got fed when I got home. I've had better appointments: my IOPs were high at 17, and the Visual Field 10-2 for my right eye is the worst I've ever seen, with very dark areas representing "blind spots." And this area is bigger and darker than I've ever seen it. All this signifies glaucoma progression if it's accurate. 

I mentioned the astanxanthin my brother's been taking, and the glaucoma doc thought it was worth trying. I see her again in a month when I'll take another VF and have my pressures checked. Hopefully they'll be lower. I really hope it's not the tomato juice (or V-8 juice) I've been taking to lower my triglycerides. I wash down a capsule of astanxanthin with V-8 when I get home.

I did make it to the gym and had another decent although abbreviated workout. Pull-ups and core feel fine. I add sets of band pull-aparts at the end. I'm glad I still have my stretchy bands from physical therapy but since they're old, I double them to prevent any mishaps, like them suddenly ripping apart. I wonder if I'll be sore tomorrow.

21 April 2021
Abbreviated Thursday Morn

Precor elliptical #4
Program 3
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd (4154)
Distance: 2.07
Cal: 233
Avg Hr n/a

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Band pull-aparts 12 x 3
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 22.5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...