Monday, April 11, 2022

Abbreviated for Sleep

I slept in until the sun came up and was still dismayed to find that I had to defrost the car windshield because it was 30F. I didn't make it to the gym until nearly 8, which left just enough time for the essentials: cardio, pull-ups, core & stretching, shower.

Got to the dog park late but the normally placid Monday was replaced with a raucous pup party and my dogs enjoyed lots of zoomies and wrestling. Tomorrow I may forgo the extra half hour of sleep just to get to the gym when it's less crowded. A lot of schools are on break this week so the gym filled up quickly.

Temps are supposed to hit 70F tomorrow. That might be a good day to take one of the dogs to the dog wash: there's a new DIY place that opened last year and I've been meaning to take the pups for their (ahem) annual bath. Dirt doesn't really stick to this breed and they don't smell either, but an annual bath wouldn't hurt... I'm sure they'll hate it and I'll have to do them solo. That in itself will be quite traumatic for them. Oh boy... 

The New York Times has an interesting article about pull-ups with some handy tips for doing them if you don't already. I'm bummed that the hammer grip position isn't mentioned, nor the potential for tendonitis in the elbows and forearms, but those are my own personal gripes... Click here to read it. (Don't worry. You don't need a subscription to view it.)

11 April 2021
Frosty Monday Morn

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5722)
Distance: 2.88
Cal: 321
Avg Hr 156, 192-86

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...