Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Fatigue is All in Your Head

I really wanted to roll over and go back to sleep when the alarm sounded this morning. But I got my son up and we drove to the school bus stop, and then I went to the gym. I surprised myself with decent mileage and pull-ups. I've noticed this before, that being sleep-deprived doesn't seem to impact my workouts. Yaaay for me.

However, fatigue does mess with my immune system and the roof of my mouth seems raw and tender, especially around my teeth. Ugh. It happens when I eat red pepper flakes on my pizza, or something too spicy. Or when I'm feeling run-down from overwork or lack of sleep. Drinking acidic tomato juice doesn't really help me here so maybe I should eat a banana. Bananas are soothing to the gastric mucous membrane due to their high pectin content. 

There are a lot of online articles about the mental aspects of physical fatigue. Everything else feels routine. I skip the Step machine because I want to do some grocery shopping before going home and taking the pups to the park. Tomorrow will be a super short workout because I need to take the pups to the park and feed them before taking them to a potential dog sitting arrangement. It'll be an assessment meet & greet to see how they'll behave at someone else's house. I have to plan for the summer when at some point my son will want to visit colleges, and we can't limit that to just places within a day's drive...

20 April 2021
Chilly Wednesday Morn

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5708)
Distance: 2.87
Cal: 320
Avg Hr 148, max 188

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 30
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 22.5?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...