Thursday, April 28, 2022

Coccydynia?

Apparently there's an official word for tailbone pain: coccydynia. Since resuming the glaucoma-friendly sleep position on my back, my lower back has become very sensitive. Yesterday something was slightly amiss when the seam to the back of my sport pants kept annoying me while I was on the floor doing crunches, lower torso side twists and Dead Bugs. Okay, more than annoying. It was painful. My tailbone throbbed as I walked or pedaled. Luckily, my lower spine seems to have settled back into position overnight, and today my lower back is merely slightly stiff. (It's very disturbing when walking echos through your lower spine with the hard shock of non-cushioned footfalls.) 

Cardio has been really good this week (shocked that I broke 2.9 miles on Program 1 today), and I'm not sure if it's because I've been consistently coming every morning, or if it's the astaxanthin (purported to aid endurance) I started taking last Friday, or if it's because I've cut down on my alcohol consumption (less than half a shot of Campari in 6 oz of orange juice after supper). Or maybe all three. It's certainly not because I'm going to be earlier and getting enough sleep...

I make time for shoulder work after doing warm up pull-aparts in the Aerobics Room. The free weight area is a bit crowded with regulars and some new faces. The younger ones might be high schoolers who don't have morning classes. GrayBeard is on one of the adjustable inclined benches, and someone else is using the only other adjustable at the Smith machine. Which leaves me with one of two Breaker Inclined Benches. It's not my favorite option but at least it allows me to do what I planned. Since it's been a few weeks, I start from scratch with just a warm up set, and then three moderate sets: high reps and low weights. Done!

28 April 2021
Cold Thursday Morn

Precor elliptical #4
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5846)
Distance: 2.91
Cal: 326
Avg Hr n/a

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Band pull-aparts single strand 25

DB Laterals s/s Rev Inc Flys
  10 lbs x 15/25 reps warm up
  15 x 15/25 reps x 3 sets


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...