Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Post Nor'easter

The problem with returning to bed because you think you'll feel better with a few more hours of sleep, is that in some cases, you never actually wake up and spend the entire day in a hazy stupor. Yesterday was that day. It poured all day and the pups were not happy that there was no park. The hazardous winds didn't occur until after the rains had stopped.

I was tempted to catch a few more zzzz's this morning but realized that as much as I hate navigating wet autumnal streets in the dark of early morning, I'm much happier and more productive if I get that cardio out of the way. I'm tired though and those DB Lateral Raises seemed a lot harder today than they did last week. Squeezed out 14 pull-ups with sore hands and a right forearm threatening to spasm. 

After the gym, pups and I were the lone crazies at the Bark Park while trees sporadically hurled javelins of broken limbs down into the leaf-littered, sodden ground. I sat in the doorway of the shed just as a precaution and sipped my coffee. It's the Bomb Cyclone, an atmospheric weather condition defined by a severe and sudden drop in air pressure (24 mbar in 24 hrs). Further to the northeast, winds have gusted to 70 mph.

I'm probably going to have to talk myself into the gym tomorrow morning as well...

27 Oct 2021
Bomb Cyclone Wednesday

Precor elliptical
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5498)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 312
HR: 75, 82, 142-194

Crunches 60 x 2
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises
10 lbs x 15 reps x 3

HGPU 14

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...