Thursday, October 14, 2021

Fatigue

I'm so tired that sitting in my car before I head into the gym has me toy with the idea of closing my eyes, I'd fall asleep instantly. Which is why I don't. I always feel better when I leave but eventually the sleep deficit catches up. Another good reason to take my vitamins, get a flu shot, and a daily dose of black elderberry syrup.

I'm not surprised that I can't make it to 2.8 miles either because not only am I tired, parts of my body are a tad sore. I knock out the core routine without any issues. Push-ups are a bit harder when you stare at the wall (mirror) in front of you instead of the floor and I'm still accidentally smacking mat with my chest and stomach. The DB Laterals seem a little easier today though. 

The only thing I don't get to are the Hammer Grip Pull-ups and that's because Snow Bird is compulsively wiping down the Stretch Cage as I walk through the gym. I don't have time to wait around to see if he's at the beginning or end of his vigorous stretch routine but I suspect he hasn't started yet. Most folks aren't very diligent wiping down after their workouts as they are before they start. And he's in his 80s, so I know he's being extra cautious.

14 Oct 2021
Fatigue Fasted Thursday

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5
Distance: 2.78
Cal: 305
HR: 135-184, 122

Crunches 60 x 2
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

DB Lateral Raises
10 lbs x 15 reps x 3

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

  Skip HGPU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...