Wednesday, October 6, 2021

20 Years Today

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday so I made an extra effort today. Feeling sporadic twinges over my hips and I decide to skip the cross-trainer even though all 3 are available and my favorite elliptical is being used, coincidentally, by the fellow who's normally on the first cross-trainer. And because I skipped yesterday, it was doubly hard. Still, I got more steps in than last week.

I do all the exercises listed for core without any issues except I manage to turn my head and look at my profile while doing push-ups. I see that my neck and head are actually positioned forward (downward) and I struggle to position my head/neck to be more parallel to my body. Perhaps that's why I see videos of folks doing push-ups with their faces looking up at the wall, meaning perpendicular to floor. It's something to focus on next time.

I do my Air Squats with my arms bent to my chest as elbows brush past my knees. Well, that solves the wonky shoulder. Dumbbell lateral raises cause my ears to clog so I'm perpetually adjusting the rotation of my arms while trying to look at myself in the mirror. That's actually harder than it sounds since my inclination is to stare at the ground when raising my arms! Why are clogged ears bad you ask? Because years ago I had an MRI done of my neck and shoulder area and got an image of a rat's maze of convoluted vessels in my right neck and shoulder. Congestion would be really bad and has the potential for serious issues that I'm just not going to tempt. Luckily, doing pull-ups don't aggravate this.

The not-bug-bite on my arm seems better and yet worse. Better in that maybe it's starting to look like it might weep the way poison ivy does, with small brown-yellow patches. Worse because it seems to be spreading. Ugh... 

Today's our 20th year wedding anniversary. Being mid-week, a work week and a school night is difficult. We do have plans to eat out but we can't stay out late...

6 Oct 2021
Brisk Fasted Wednesday

Precor elliptical
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5650)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
HR: n/a

Crunches 60 x2
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs x 2
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 15x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose 10s
Cobra Pose 30s
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises (clogged ears)
10 lbs x 15 reps x 3

HGPU 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...