Tuesday, October 12, 2021

More Than Just Pockets

The one upside to having put on a bit of weight during the pandemic (and then sciatic limitations) is that I now fit into my "oversized" jeans, of which I own several pairs. I bought them years ago when they were on sale as I've always been partial to GAP jeans. Of course, I'm speaking of the men's jeans in a hard to find 28 x 28 size. (In brick-and-mortar stores, they're often placed at the very top of the shelves where people of my height can't possibly reach or even see them.) 

I ordered a few different styles, from original 1969 button fronts to relaxed fit and carpenter pants, and when I was 6 lbs lighter, well, they were too big. And now they fit perfectly. And being normal (men's) jeans, they have sturdy stitching and yes, they have pockets I can shove my hands into. Unlike the ridiculous faux pockets in many women's pants that barely allow room for a credit card or a key. Seriously?!

Shoes on the right looks so comfy.
Can't say the same for the ones on the left.
It's 2021 and not much has changed since I was a child, although we can all now find and wear black clothing without having to substitute navy or be asked if we're goth or going to a funeral. Still, it's disappointing to see the ad for comfortable shoes. At first I didn't see the little tags that said the boots were men's because I'm not interested in the stacked heel over the women's tag. Of course, I have such small feet that I couldn't buy men's shoes even if I wanted to. I've already tried.  

I'm at the gym at 7 AM and it's not too crowded. There's heavy fog that will burn off as the sun warms the day. Mid-October and it's a pleasant 70F. I'm okay with that but I have made an appointment with the dermatologist to look at the not-an-insect-bite on my arm. Because it seems to be spreading.

Everything is fairly routine except there are a lot more women in the Aerobics Room this morning. I do my exercises and glance at Floppy Girl and two other women. One is doing hip raises with a dumbbell. When she leaves, she forgets to re-roll and put her mat away. The other girl appears to be taking Instagram shots because why else would she pull her hoodie off to exercise in her bra top and leggings, then twist her face over her shoulder while holding her phone? She does do 7-8 decent push-ups though. No one ever wipes their mat down after they're done. Which is why I wipe mine down before and after. People are gross. 

Meanwhile, DB Lateral Raises make my hands sore which isn't great for the pull-ups that follow. I only manage 13 today. Still, better than none at all...

12 Oct 2021
Foggy Tuesday

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5644)
Distance: 2.86
Cal: 318
HR: 92, 151-200

Crunches 60 x 2
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 15x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises
10 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets

HGPU 13
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...