Thursday, October 21, 2021

Starting Small

Today, I cut back on the core movements to give me time to push and pull a few weights. Because my back is sore in exactly the same spot that seems afflicted when I do the Cobra Pose, I decide that perhaps that pose isn't good for me, and it also gets cut from the routine. Honestly, I was a bit leery of using the Seated Cable Row. I had done a few sets at 85 lbs back in August when one of those pesky discs moved the wrong way and gave me 6 weeks of excruciating sciatic pain. So not eager to repeat that performance.

I gave some thought to squelching the push-ups as well, but figured they'd be a warm-up for the Smith Inclined Press. The right shoulder feels the slightest bit twingey and I had to adjust my grip closer with my elbows pulled in tight to alleviate a potential disaster there. I see Snow Bird pushing and pulling himself vigorously in the Stretch Cage. Glad I'm not waiting to do pull-ups today.

There was a very tall blonde woman at the Seated Cable station. Mostly she's looking at her phone though. The pin is set at 70 lbs and I'm so tempted to leave it there because my head says I can pull waaay more than that. But that sort of thinking will get me into serious trouble with the rest of my body! 

When she leaves, I drop the pin to 50 lbs and decide to make it up by doing a higher number of reps. I sit bolt upright and pull the handles right up to my chest. Relax and the cable pulls my hands forward. It feels pretty easy. After three sets of 15 reps, I've run out of time and need to go shower and change. Pups are waiting at home to go to the park! I only notice later that my delts are ever so slightly sore from yesterday. Well, I guess that's progress...

21 Oct 2021
Sleepy Thursday

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
HR: 149-191

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel x 12
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

Smith inclined press
Bar (30) x 20
+20 x 15
+30 x 15
+40 x 12

Seated Cable Rows
50 x 15 x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...