Friday, October 22, 2021

Squeezing It All In

It's hard to cram cardio, stretching, core and some weights all in an hour and a half. Plus time to change and shower. So that's two hours. My legs feel heavy and of course, I'm tired but Intervals is on the schedule. I keep the "slow" part at roughly 130 steps per minute and speed up to 170-190 when I hit the troughs. I make it as fast as 210 for a few seconds and that hasn't happened in ages!

My stomach is a little sore but I only notice when doing crunches. Otherwise I'm oblivious. The Cat/Camel stretch still makes the arch of my left foot ache (weird, right?) and even without doing the Cobra pose, my middle back still feels tender. I've taken to doing push-ups while looking to the side so I can see whether my head and neck are dipping, and make the appropriate corrections. Air Squats have me gently tossing my arms forward: I'm not sure if I should correct the forward lean that puts me over my knees.

The arms are tired enough (from yesterday?) to make the DB Lateral Raises a bit more challenging today. For fun, I see what DB Overhead Tricep Extensions feel like. It didn't feel like anything. Perhaps ten pounds was too light? It's been years and I used to handle 20s but my elbows weren't happy so I stopped. Still, I got my pull-ups done. Yaaay me!

22 Oct 2021
Sleepy Friday

Precor elliptical
Program Intervals
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5240)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
HR: 91, 136-200

Crunches 60 x 2
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises (Tired arms!)
10 lbs x 15 reps x 3

DB overhead tricep extension
10 lbs x 12 each arm

HGPU 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...