Monday, October 18, 2021

Yep, Monday

We went to the Sheep & Wool Festival yesterday and had a good time walking around looking at sheep, llama, alpacas and cashmere goats. My son got to replace a favorite one-of-a-kind hoodie and I bought some alpaca hiking socks. And a new hat. Yesterday totaled about 8,000 steps. If I go to the gym, I can add about 5400 steps to the 2,300 I do normally so that's also about 7-8,000 steps. But I'm still not getting enough sleep. And I wonder if I should cancel the dermatology appointment. The initial rash has calmed down so I keeping an eye on the other two areas to see if they're also doing the same. Again, they don't itch but occasionally my arm hurts in that very area.

I'm so tired today that I can't make 2.8 miles although everything else is okay. The DB shoulder workout pre-exhausts my arms and I'm only good for a dozen pull-ups afterward. Still, I was happy at the end. Getting started is the hardest part.

Over the weekend, I read a few interesting articles. One is about healthy lifestyles adding a potential 15 years to lifespan. Another detailed the bio-mechanisms muscles use to increase strength and size. That would explain the phenomenon of muscle memory. Maybe tomorrow I'll see if the Smith machine got greased. It really needs to be disassembled and cleaned but that requires a lot of dedication. It's probably just going to get a squirt of WD-40.

18 Oct 2021
Fatigued Monday

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5410)
Distance: 2.78
Cal: 306
HR: 183-137, 122

Crunches 60 x 2
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises
10 lbs x 15 reps x 3

HGPU 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...