Friday, October 8, 2021

Hold That Head High

Lose 10 yrs off your face by
taking a selfie laying down!
It's Friday and I'm at the gym at 7 AM although I'd much rather be curled up in my bed asleep. As I promised myself, I pedaled the Intervals program for 30 minutes with an additional 5 minute cool down, although I never slow down. Luckily, I can "customize" the program by adjusting the resistance of the peak which defaults to a 10 incline and 8 resistance. Too hard on my knees! I clicked that down to level 4 resistance. The troughs are set at 4 incline and 1 resistance. I'm good with that. 

I pedal forward a little more than halfway, trying to maintain a speed of over 150 Steps Per Minute during the troughs, and just under for the peaks. It's different once I pedal backward because that's always been easier so I can go faster. According to the equipment, I've burned a few more calories and gained more distance but with fewer steps. Of course, none of this is important. What's important is doing 35 minutes of strenuous cardio several times a week.

I'm holding an elbow plank in the Aerobics Room when I hear a loud clang. A bald middle-aged man is positioning two step platforms near the pile of mats in the corner. Atop each platform is a barbell which he has managed to drop several times. As if on purpose. Because he's an ass. I move through all the routines on my list without any issues but swap the order: push-ups then air squats. I learned my lesson from yesterday. Cupping my knees with my palms as I drop down into a squat works to keep my elbows out of the way. I stare at the mirror wall ahead of me while doing push-ups and unexpectedly find my chest bumping the mat underneath me. I'm surprised, especially that my center of mass hasn't pitched forward like yesterday. Just keep your head high! 

The noisy man leaves the Aerobics Room having set up two step stations. I guess he'll be back later. Well, at least I can do my Eye Yoga exercises without being self-conscious of sitting perfectly still, appearing to stare at nothing.

8 Oct 2021
Foggy Friday

Precor elliptical
Program Intervals
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5472)
Distance: 2.93
Cal: 329
HR: 154-192

Crunches 60 x 2
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs x 2
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 15x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Cobra Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

HGPU 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...