Monday, June 21, 2021

Minimal Monday

Too much to do and not enough time. I have a follow-up eye appointment this afternoon. While the mapping software tells me it'll only take 25 minutes to drive there, I always tack on an additional 15 for traffic. There's always traffic. It's that appointment that makes me put off other errands until tomorrow, like taking returned items to the post office, picking up the HS yearbook (there's technically no more classes so it's not coming home on the school bus), and delivering wee wee pads to the local humane society. I've had that unopened box since October 2019 when we were fostering a 3 year old male Jindo

That dog was so attached to his former owners that he wouldn't leave his crate except to pee and poop, and that was inside the house (not far from his safe space, the crate). Forget about trying to walk him! Thankfully, after 2 months his former owners contacted the rescue about getting him back (he suddenly became a deliriously happy dog when they reunited). And I had over a hundred wee wee pads. I kept them just in case our new adoptions weren't house-broken, but they are extremely clean and try to void as far from the house as possible. Tomorrow's another day so I'll see how much I can get done then. Never mind the pile of clothes and other household items I have stacked in the hall to bring to Good Will.

An example of a VF result
I only have enough time for some cardio (less than usual), a few planks, some hip stretches. My doc appointment runs late but the latest visual field (VF) tests show no progression (deterioration). Yaaay me! I do have vision loss as indicated by a thick dark crescent spanning the top two quadrants, but I've had that for several years. 

My pressures are steady at 14/15 but it would be better if they were lower. They're never going to drop below 10 (which is the ideal) without more invasive procedures, but as long as my VFs are static, I'm okay with what I'm doing: exercise with an emphasis on cardio, eye drops taken as prescribed, and eating anti-oxidant rich foods like black elderberry syrup, dried tart cherries, frozen blueberries... 

I might have time tomorrow for a regular workout. We'll see. Hopefully it'll be cooler than the 84F it peaked at today.

21June 2021
Just Cardio Monday

Precor elliptical
20 min + 5 cool down
Program 2
HR 87, 154-186
Cal 234
Distance 2.08

Planks 60s
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Hip Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...