Monday, June 28, 2021

Balancing Time

After I dropped my son off at his summer job at the park, I took the dogs to their favorite place: the Bark Park. We were there for over an hour before anyone else showed up. I'm not sure I want to do this again because I really have better things to do than spend 3 hours watching my dogs lay in the dirt because it's hot and they're bored. They can be bored and lazy at home where there's fans and air-conditioning. But the park is where they meet their friends and briefly box, wrestle and chase each other before panting furiously, lapping at water bowls and rolling in the cool dusty dirt.

It took me a while to leave the house again so I didn't get to the gym until nearly 1:30 which left little time to do anything else other than cardio, core, and shower. I stopped by the park en route home just in time: my son had just finished his day as camp counselor for 2nd graders. He told me that the main objective is to "not let anyone die." It was also 91F with little shade. Tomorrow is going to be hotter. But I'm really hoping to manage my time better and get more done. 

I was busy over the weekend: a friend and I walked all through the New York Botanic Gardens to see the Yayoi Kusama exhibit. The next day, we went to the Ridgefield Playhouse to listen to The DooWop Project which consists of 5 amazing singers and their manager-pianist (and also a sax guy, a drummer, and a gal on bass guitar). As much as I love the old songs, I got really excited to hear them "DooWopify" more current songs like Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" (yeah, I have several of his CDs), and more impressively, "The Impossible Dream" from The Man of La Mancha (a musical based on Don Quixote). Yep, I grew up with show tune albums and know all the words... At the very bottom of this post is a snippet from one of their shows a few months ago.


28June 2021
Just Cardio Monday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 2
HR 178-136, 84
Cal 317
Distance 2.85

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
40 Dead Bugs x 2
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Mat stretch w Seated Twist

HGPU 16


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...