Tuesday, June 15, 2021

It's a Cardio Day

I haven't been on the ClimbMill since last month so I tacked 15 minutes onto my basic routine today. It's a cardio day because I have an appointment with my eye doc tomorrow. (Weight-lifting is notorious for increasing IOPs so I'm not doing that today.) Actually, I won't see the doc since Wednesday is her surgery day. I'm just going in to take another Visual Field test. My doc noticed that my tests results seemed dependent on the time of day, being better in the morning versus the afternoon. I might have a pressure check as well just to make sure they're not rising. 

Dogs will still go to the park but earlier. Dog friends may also show up earlier. Socializing and running about makes for very happy (and tired) canines.

It's hot and sunny today and the gym is pleasantly cool. Cardio makes me sweaty and eventually I feel refreshed, as if I'm sweating on the inside as well and everything is being washed away. And I'm surprisingly sore from yesterday. I must be getting old or something... Egads.


15 June 2021
Cardio Tuesday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 3
HR 146-207, 87, 95
Cal 327
Distance 2.91

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
40 Dead Bugs x 2
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Skip Push-Ups
Mat stretch w Seated Twist

Matrix StepMill
15 min
Speed 6 (52-57)
HR n/a
Cal 118
Steps 808
Floors 50

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...