Thursday, June 3, 2021

Just Cardio Mostly

Dogs don't shrink in the rain, especially when it's the type of rain that makes the air wet but not much else. My pups and I go to the park this morning but no one else is brave enough for the weather. There are severe storm warnings but that hasn't manifested itself here other than rain. After a half-hour, the dogs are bored enough to start digging and nibbling at dirt. Ugh. Time to go home.

When I get to the gym, I recognize a few more regulars from the "before" time. I don't feel much different but it is nice to get "workout sweaty" without a mask on. Because it's Thursday and school hasn't let out yet, the gym is fairly empty. But I'm only here for cardio. And some core. And some stretching. While stretching, my abs and ribs feel mildly sore. Just as well. I break up the push-ups into two sets figuring as long as the total is fifty, I'm good. While a pair of 25s makes sense, I opt for 30 and 20. I experiment with my head position as well because I've seen some people on YouTube do push-ups while looking up at the camera instead of forward, which would be the floor. 

Tomorrow I'll do cardio and shoulders. And then I'll have to run out in search of kale salad and coleslaw for our Troop's Court of Honor at the park later in the afternoon. It's a potluck and all the parents have signed up to bring something. Normally I'd bring donuts or something sweet but one of our senior Troop members has revealed he has diabetic neuropathy in his fingertips and toes, i.e., those extremities are numb and don't register sensations. He's not on insulin so he's controlling his blood sugar purely with diet and exercise. Donuts would be cruel. 

3 June 2021
Rainy Cardio Thursday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 1
HR 140-199, 89, 87
Cal 313
Distance 2.83

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
40 Dead Bugs x 2
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 30, 20
Mat stretch w Seated Twist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...