Friday, June 18, 2021

Workout Friday

I wasn't really sure what I was going to do once I got to the gym. The elliptical I favor was in use so I hopped on one of the cross-trainers. Because it's harder on my knees and feet, I only do 25 minutes instead of 35. If I go longer, my toes go unpleasantly numb. That always worries me because of everything I've read about neuropathy. Luckily, I can walk it off when that happens. With only 25 minutes, I'm spared that unpleasantness and I'm still breathlessly hot and sweaty.

The core routine is routine and I skip push-ups because I'm going to do hammer grip pull-ups again this week. Because it's the second time this week, I don't get quite as many reps but I'm okay with that. There are a lot of kids in the gym including a father-son duo. The man is enormous and the kid is tiny, so I'm guessing he's only 12 or 13. I find an adjustable bench and maneuver it back into the Smith machine rack since that's the only free space not occupied by boys of all ages. I have just enough time to do a few sets for shoulders and then clean up. Because damn, I smell like a gym locker!

I get home with just enough time to shake my son awake (he's become nocturnal again) for his dermatology appointment. Poor kid has cystic acne inherited from his dad and needs a monthly checkup for the meds he's taking. The meds are working to clear his face and shoulders, but have the unfortunate side-effect of giving him patchy eczema. And of course, there's a cream for that. We go to the pharmacy to pick that up and while we're there, because it's easy enough to do and because he'll be exposed to all sorts of kids during the summer both as a counselor and as a camper himself, he gets his first vaccination shot. The CDC now says kids can be unmasked if fully vaccinated. People can choose to wear masks if it makes them more comfortable. 

My dogs have a vet appointment next week, and although I'm sure the staff is fully vaccinated, as am I, they tell me that my son has to stay in the car. However, I can bring both dogs into the office. I'd be happier if my son handled one of the dogs but we do what we can do. I'll also have to bring my vaccination card because just saying I've been vaxxed isn't good enough. I can only think that some people are lying about their status and putting everyone at risk.

18 June 2021
Possibility Friday

LF cross-trainer
20 min + 5 cool down
Program Manual 1
HR 125-154
Cal 202
Distance 2.99

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
40 Dead Bugs x 2
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Skip Push-Ups 25
Mat stretch w Seated Twist

HGPU 15

DB raises supersets
lateral standing 15 lbs x 15 x 3
Rev Incl flys (w/u) 15 lbs x 20 x 1
20lbs x 20, 20, 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...