Thursday, June 24, 2021

Maybe It's Just a Cardio Week

I woke up with a stiff neck from sleeping in an awkward position. I was hopeful that cardio would warm everything up and make the neck not so painful. Then, while on the elliptical pedaling backward at a high elevation, I felt my lower back twinge. The left side of my lower back is very sensitive to mundane movements, like stretching my arms up or apparently, pedaling backward at a high elevation. There's more range of motion at a higher elevation. I like the programs that have you pedal forward for a quarter of the time, then backward, then forward, then backward. The 5-minute cool down is a pedal-forward.

Immediately, I realize that Seated Cable Rowing is out for today. And I should probably not do pull-ups either. What does that leave? It's looking a lot like another cardio day, and I'm okay with that. After doing abs and some stretching in the Aerobics Room, I spend 15 minutes on the ClimbMill, singing to myself while alternating step patterns every 60 seconds. It makes for quite an energetic cardio routine. Again, the step machine briefly touches on 60 steps per minute and then drops down to bounce between 55 and 52. It's still cardio. And maybe this week is just going to be a cardio week. I'm okay with that. There's always next week.

24 June 2021
Stiff Neck & Wonky Lower Back Thursday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 1
HR 146-189, 92
Cal 326
Distance 2.90

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
40 Dead Bugs x 2
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Mat stretch w Seated Twist

Matrix StepMill
15 min
Speed 6 (52-57)
HR 116?
Cal 118
Steps 804
Floors 50

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...