Wednesday, June 2, 2021

My Grandmother's Voice

I walk into the Aerobics Room after a hot sweaty jaunt on the elliptical and see two adjustable benches and no trash bin. WTH? Immediately my grandmother's voice in my head says, "Put things back where you got them from!" It was a constant refrain in my household, especially with younger siblings. I'm not a neat and organized person by nature so I have to try extra hard in order to keep chaos at bay. I'm not always successful. 

I'm sure that some idiot decided to train his friend/girl/kid and dragged two adjustable benches out of the free weight area and into the Aerobics Room just so they could work out in tandem in front of a big mirrored wall with plastic dumbbells. And once done, they sauntered off and never put anything back. There are signs in the free weight area asking members to rerack. Some do and a lot don't. Because they're oblivious to everything except their immediate needs. 

Half the gym is masked, mostly kids. Some people wear the mask under their chin. Some people like me don't wear one at all. Later, at the CVS, the cashier (a chatty older woman I'm friendly with) advises me to wear a mask at the store if only because too many people are coughing and sneezing. She's worried that "nice people" like me will catch the flu or something because of all the sick people. I'm hoping it's just seasonal allergies. With all the rain, there's a bounty of biting insects and flowering trees. I'm still waiting for the cicadas to appear. 

Yesterday's workout left me a tad sore. Not sure about today's. While I'm at the Seated Cable Row station, I'm surrounded by lots of HS kids. Some are tiny little boys but there are a few gymnast-like girls. I cut back the core exercises because even my abs are slightly sore. No one's supposed to train abs every day anymore. But cardio every day is fine. I'll do at least that tomorrow. 

2 June 2021
Hump Wednesday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 3
HR 148-198, 96
Cal 327
Distance 2.92

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
40 Dead Bugs
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Skip Push-Ups
Mat stretch w Seated Twist

HGPU 17

EZ Seated Cable Rows
70lbs x 15 reps
77.5 x 12
85 x 10
92.5 x 8
85 x 12
77.5 x 12
70 x 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...