Monday, November 17, 2014

Push Day

It took me a while to get to the gym today because I had to jockey my husband's car out of the driveway and down the road, move my car to a neighbor's yard, and then back my hub's car back in. I hate his car. It's the same model as mine, but 3 years younger and drives completely differently. Plus he's so much bigger than I am that everything is wrong, the seat position forward, the headrest, the mirrors, the radio. He packed his car last night for his trip to Boston this afternoon so it's also full of shop drawings and things he needs for work and play. Since he's working all night, I didn't want to wake him up just to move his car. So I did it, but I'm sure he's noticed that the seat's completely in the wrong position. Oh well.

I'm actually tired before I get to the gym. I was tired yesterday too, and we didn't really do anything at home other than take my son to swim class, eat lunch and unpack everything from their Cub Scout camp-over. Which meant a lot of laundry. Thankfully the repairman fixed the dryer with a new motor, and belt, and power cord. It's a totally rebuilt 40+ year old electric dryer. And loads cheaper than the new ones I priced out online. He also fixed my over. Yaaaay! Just in time for the Holidays! Apparently gas ovens have ignition switches that wear out. The oven still turns on but doesn't really stay on. Easy fix. I'm so relieved.

Today I hop on the LifeFitness cross-trainer for 30 minutes, log my 3+ miles, stretch and then glom the Smith machine. There's already a flat bench nearby so I'm happy to use it instead of the huge adjustable Inclined Bench. I'll grab that later. My wrists are a bit tender today and my right shoulder is inexplicably troublesome. Maybe the cold damp weather? Or hauling out big black trash bags of junk Friday night when I sorted through an assorted mess of toys, books and boxes? To keep myself motivated, I turned on the TV and rifled through the channels until I found a Hoarders marathon.

There's an old beat up guy circling the Smith but I'm not done yet so I ignore everyone. They can fight over it after I get my Inclined Benches finished. The old guy gets in for a few sets. He gives me an odd look though. Maybe because I'm supersetting DB Lateral Raises with DB Inclined Reverse Flyes. I like the way my arms look when I do these and wish I could take a picture. Google glasses would come in handy for stuff like this. While I'm working delts, The Mayor and two of his cronies are draped over the Preacher Bench, gabbing. I actually finish all six sets before any of them even changes position.

I move to the hated Matrix Breaker Benches to do triceps with an EZ bar because, One) I can put my feet on the support bar at the bottom, and Two) there's no one in the benching area. Of course that's short lived. Island Jerk decides he's going to need a spot for Decline Benching and one of the Cronies needs to assist him. The Decline Bench is set up head to head with the Breaker Bench I'm using. I briefly consider switching benches but Island Jerk's set is over very quickly. And he leaves the bar totally loaded like always. He also can't help but make as much grunting noise as possible. Because he so badly wants the attention. I'm so glad I get my sets done quickly too, so I can hop back on the Precor elliptical to finish my cardio.

After a full Mat Stretch I'm done. All the creepy guys are out today. PJ Pants keeps wandering by the Mats as if he's lost a puppy. I'm so glad to be done and off to shower. I have to take my son to kung fu later this afternoon. I hope I don't fall asleep in the parent waiting area.

Monday Workout

Calorie :   145 CAL
Distance: 3.71 mile
Speed :    7.36 mph
Duration : 00:30:13
168
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 110x12
Set 6 : 90x20
140
Set 1 : 30x20
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 90x12
Set 5 : 80x20
30
Set 1 : 20x15
Set 2 : 20x15
Set 3 : 20x15
30
Set 1 : 20x15
Set 2 : 20x15
Set 3 : 20x15
52.5
Set 1 : 15x15
Set 2 : 27.5x12
Set 3 : 37.5x12
Set 4 : 37.5x12
Set 5 : 37.5x12

Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
Calorie :   245 CAL
Distance: 2.16 mile
Duration : 00:25:20
20
Set 1 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 01:10:00
130.67
Set 1 : 112x5
Set 2 : 112x5
Set 3 : 112x3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...