Friday, November 7, 2014

Resistance is Futile

I'm always a bit leery of trying to match past performance. Just my cautious nature. It's been a week since I last did my Body Weight workout and I'm worried I'll fall on my face when I do my push ups. But I don't. The first set is easy. So easy that I'm tempted to do more than 50, but I know that the next two sets will be harder, so I hold back. The first cardio leg on the LifeFitness cross-trainer was pretty good too. I'm not sure why, except it's the end of the week, Chinese school got cancelled tomorrow due to mechanical issues with the school building, and my photo reception is this Sunday. Oh, and my husband came home from Boston this morning (around 6 am) and doesn't have to leave until Sunday night. Yay!

Hammer grip pull ups are harder than I like, mostly because my abs seems a tad sore. But I only realize they're sore when I hoist myself up. I get my sets in though. But just barely. Normally I do the Lower Back Extension or Torso Twist machine before doing Inverted Rows, just to give my arms a break. But not today. And I'm surprised that the Rows aren't as difficult anymore. Weird. I knock out the Lower Back Extension machine sets fairly quickly and almost collide with Hannibal Baggy Knees, the creepy old guy who doesn't realize that he's not a particularly attractive old man. Done with the machines and back onto the Cardio Platform to do another 25 minutes on the Precor elliptical. I feel so good that I'm blithely singing along to my cardio mix as I pedal.

Mat stretch is fairly strenuous in the beginning because I knock out two sets of Dive Bomber Push Ups, interspersed with a plank, and walking Pistol Squats. I can now drop into a split from a standing position so I'm very pleased with myself, although left leg forward is easier than right leg forward for some reason. Mat work always ends with yoga-like upper and lower back stretches. I see a guy on the next mat doing push ups. He gets up to do something else, but he's back in a few minutes. Now he's doing Dive Bomber Push Ups too. Cool.

Friday Workout 
(I punched in 112 lbs in the JeFit app but the scale reads 109.4 today)

Calorie :   144 CAL
Distance: 3.71 mile
Speed :    6.77 mph
Duration : 00:30:16
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
156.8
Set 1 : 112x12
Set 2 : 112x12
Set 3 : 112x12
156.8
Set 1 : 112x12
Set 2 : 112x12
Set 3 : 112x12
292.5
Set 1 : 195x15
Set 2 : 195x15
Set 3 : 195x15

Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
Calorie :   222 CAL
Distance: 2.03 mile
Duration : 00:25:15
Set 1 : 00:01:10
20
Set 1 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 20 Lap/Rep
130.67
Set 1 : 112x5
Set 2 : 112x5
Set 3 : 112x3

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...