Friday, November 14, 2014

Super-Abbreviated Leg Workout

Getting to the gym at 9:15 wasn't really early enough since I had to leave by 10:20 to grab some quick groceries before the appliance repair guy was slated to arrive at my house. My hubs got home from Boston at 5 am so I also didn't want the dog going crazy when the repair guy knocked at the front door somewhere between 11 and 1 pm. Today's a Super-Abbreviated Leg Workout. I always do some sort of cardio warm up but today I could only afford 10 minutes. My legs felt a little stiff from yesterday's near 6 miles, but loosened up after 5 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical (2 min steady state, 5 min HIIT, 3 min steady state).

I was really happy that no one was on the Smith machine. I did have a plan B of using the Step Mill, just in case. I got my Squats in, and then the SLDLs, keeping my eye on the clock the whole time. Finished with 3 sets of GHRs on the Lat Pull Down machine and a quick Cage Stretch before showering and running off to the grocery store to pick up things I forgot yesterday. Like the graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars to make Campfire S'mores.

Today my husband and son are tent camping at Durland Boy Scout Camp as part of the Junior Webelos program. As soon as my son got off the school bus, I hustled him home, got him changed into warmer clothes and gave him a baggie of peanuts to snack on. Sundown was at 4:40 but our pack got special permission to arrive early since normally they don't allow anyone to check in until 5 pm. No one wants to put up a tent in freezing weather in the dark. Especially Junior Webelos and their parents. And what will I be doing while they're learning how to make a cook fire? Cleaning out my son's room. I have the dog for company. At least he won't complain that that's his favorite toy.

Friday Super-Abbreviated Leg Workout

Calorie :   83 CAL
Distance: 0.79 mile
Duration : 00:10:11
196
Set 1 : 30x20
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 140x12
Set 6 : 110x20
196
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 140x12
12
Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...