Thursday, November 20, 2014

Attittude

My right shoulder is a bit twingey so I'm glad I'm not really going to abuse it today. No pushing heavy weights. No smacking the machine. Instead I get on the LifeFitness Cross-trainer for 30 minutes. Yeah, I did this yesterday too, but I figure I've been too predictable with my cardio lately, so I'm mixing it up a bit. This way even I don't know what I'll be doing until I actually step foot on the elliptical. I'm cold when I start since these cardio machines are right by the front door, but I'm pleasantly sweaty when I get my 3.5+ miles.

While I stretch my hamstrings at the Cage, I muse over the postings of people who go to the gym to be with like-minded individuals. They've found their "Fit Family". I'm happy for them, but I don't feel any sense of camaraderie here. Perhaps it's because it's morning and the gym is populated with seniors, stay-at-home-moms, the occasional student and shift-work people, like nurses. I don't come to chat. I come to work out. If you want to chat, well, that's fine after the workout, not during.

Push ups are getting easier. Odd. Usually I have to pause between rep 40 and 45 during the last set, but today I didn't, although I did slow down. Hammer grip pull ups are still hard. I still feel my abdominals tweak when I pull myself up to the bar. Maybe I should learn to relax? There's a woman doing squats at the Smith machine. I've seen her before with her daughter when I've brought my son to the gym on the rare weekend. I'm pleased to see that she's got a 25 and a 5 lb plate on the bar. I don't like to pressure people so I just wander away until the Smith is free.

I only need to do Inverted Rows and the Smith is the only place I can do them. The pull-away breaker bars on the Flat Benches make it impossible to do Inverted Rows there. And I'm not going to use the Squat rack for that. Bad enough to see people doing kettle bell swings there. When I come back The Mayor is using the Smith for Over Head Presses. Sigh. I clamber onto the elliptical and knock out 2 more miles doing the Interval Program. When I'm done, The Mayor is busy gabbing with people at the other end of the gym. The Smith bar has a pair of 45s on it. There are only two other people in the free weight area and neither of them is using the Smith. After a minute, I unload the plates and drop the bar so I can knock out my Inverted Rows. I know from experience that I can complete 6 sets before The Mayor comes up for air, and I only need to do 3 sets today.

I don't care that he wanders back looking a bit disconsolate. I have to jockey some of the benches away from each other so I can use one of them to do Seated Alternating Bicep Curls. If I stand, I tend to use too much body english. If I'm sitting, there's no cheating. I have no doubt that The Mayor and his Cronies arranged all the benches so they could have a free weight party earlier. But they're as bad as the kids with putting things back. I do a quick lower back and shoulder blade stretch before calling it Done. And I'm starving again. And putting on weight. Must be winter. Sigh.

Thursday Workout

Calorie :   145 CAL
Distance: 3.68 mile
Speed :    7.32 mph
Duration : 00:30:10
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
156.8
Set 1 : 112x12
Set 2 : 112x12
Set 3 : 112x12
25
Set 1 : 25 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 25 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 25 Lap/Rep
Calorie :   236 CAL
Distance: 2.11 mile
Duration : 00:25:08

91.67
Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25
156.8
Set 1 : 112x12
Set 2 : 112x12
Set 3 : 112x12

28
Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 20x12
Set 3 : 20x12
Set 4 : 20x12

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...